- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: MR56-HW
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.cisco.com
- Brand Name: Meraki
- Product Model: MR56
- Product Name: MR56 Wireless Access Point
- Product Type: Wireless Access Point
- Wireless LAN Standard: 802.11ax
- Frequency Band: 2.40 GHz
- Frequency Band: 5 GHz
- Wireless Transmission Speed: 5.90 Gbit/s
- MIMO Technology: Yes
- Beamforming Technology: Yes
- Ethernet Technology: 5 Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 1
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Form Factor: Wall Mountable
- Form Factor: Rail-mountable
- Form Factor: Ceiling Mountable
- Height: 1.8"
- Width: 12.8"
- Depth: 5.5"
- Weight (Approximate): 2.20 lb
- Package Contents:
- MR56 Wireless Access Poin
- 2 x Security Screw Options
- All Standard Mounting Hardware
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
- Environmental Certification: RoHS
- Limited Warranty: Lifetime
High Performance 802.11ax Wireless
The Cisco Meraki MR56 is a cloud-managed 4x4:4 802.11ax compatible access point that raises the bar for wireless performance and efficiency. Designed for next-generation deployments in offices, schools, hospitals, shops, and hotels, the MR56 offers high throughput, enterprise-grade security, and simple management.
The MR45 provides a maximum of 5.9 Gbps aggregate frame rate with concurrent 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz radios. A dedicated third radio provides real-time WIDS/WIPS with automated RF optimization, and a fourth integrated radio delivers Bluetooth scanning and beaconing.
With the combination of cloud management, high performance hardware, multiple radios, and advanced software features, the MR56 makes an outstanding platform for the most demanding of uses-including high-density deployments and bandwidth or performance-intensive applications like voice and high-definition video.
MR45 and Meraki Cloud Management
Management of the MR56 is through the Meraki cloud, with an intuitive browser-based interface that enables rapid deployment without time-consuming training or costly certifications. Since the MR56 is self-configuring and managed over the web, it can be deployed at a remote location in a matter of minutes, even without on-site IT staff.
24x7 monitoring via the Meraki cloud delivers real-time alerts if a network encounters problems. Remote diagnostic tools enable immediate troubleshooting over the web so that distributed networks can be managed with a minimum of hassle.
The M56's firmware is automatically kept up to date via the cloud. New features, bug fixes, and enhancements are delivered seamlessly over the web. This means no manual software updates to download or missing security patches to worry about.
- 8 x 8:8 802.11ax with MU-MIMO and OFDMA Multi-Gigabit 1G/5.5G Ethernet
- 5.9 Gbps dual-radio aggregate frame rate
- 24 x 7 real-time WIPS/WIDS and spectrum analytics via dedicated third radio
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon and scanning radio
- Enhanced transmit power and receive sensitivity
- Full-time Wi-Fi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Optimized for voice and video
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Sleek, low-profile design blends into office environments
Dual-radio aggregate frame rate of up to 5.9Gbps
A 5 GHz 4x4:4 radio and a 2.4 GHz 4x4:4 radio offer a combined dual-radio aggregate frame rate of 3.5 Gbps*, with up to 2,402 Mbps in the 5 GHz band and 1,147 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band. Technologies like transmit beamforming and enhanced receive sensitivity allow the MR45 to support a higher client density than typical enterprise-class access points, resulting in better performance for more clients, from each AP.
Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output (MU-MIMO)
With support for features of 802.11ax, the MR45 offers MU-MIMO and OFDMA for more efficient transmission to multiple clients. Especially suited to environments with numerous mobile devices, MU-MIMO enables multiple clients to receive data simultaneously. This increases the total network performance and the improves the end user experience.
The MR45 has an integrated multigigabit uplink that ensures maximum capacity for this high performance 802.11ax compatible hardware configuration.