- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: MX250-HW
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.cisco.com
- Brand Name: Meraki
- Product Series: MX
- Product Model: 250
- Product Name: MX 250 Network Security/Firewall Appliance
- Product Type: Network Security/Firewall Appliance
- Firewall Protection Supported: Intrusion Prevention
- Firewall Protection Supported: Malware Protection
- Firewall Protection Supported: Content Filtering
- Encryption Standard: WPA2-ENT
- Encryption Standard: WEP
- Encryption Standard: WPA2-PSK
- Encryption Standard: WPA
- Total Number of Ports: 8
- USB: Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 8
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Standard: 1000Base-X
- Network Standard: 10GBase-X
- Network Standard: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 16
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
- Number of SFP Slots: 8
- Number of SFP+ Slots: 10
- Managable: Yes
- Compatible Rack Unit: 1U
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Height: 1.8"
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 17.3"
- Weight (Approximate): 16 lb
- Package Contents:
- MX250 Network Security/Firewall Appliance
- Mounting kit
- 2 x Cat 5 Ethernet Cable
- AC Power Adapter
- 2 x System Fan
- Limited Warranty: Lifetime
Cisco Meraki MX Security Appliances are ideal for organizations considering a Unified Threat Managment (UTM) solution, for distributed sites, campuses or datacenter VPN concentration. Since the MX is 100% cloud managed, installation and remote management is simple. The MX has a comprehensive suite of network services, eliminating the need for multiple appliances. These services include SD-WAN capabilities, application-based firewalling, content filtering, web search filtering, SNORT® based intrusion detection and prevention, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), web caching, 4G cellular failover and more. Auto VPN and SD-WAN features are available on our hardware and virtual appliances, configurable in Amazon Web Services.
FEATURE-RICH UNIFIED THREAT MANAGEMENT (UTM) CAPABILITIES
- Application-aware traffic control: bandwidth policies for Layer 7 application types (e.g., block YouTube, prioritize Skype, throttle BitTorrent).
- Content filtering: CIPA-compliant content filter, safe-seach enforcement (Google/Bing) , and YouTube for Schools.
- Intrusion prevention: PCI-compliant IPS sensor using industry-leading SNORT® signature database from Cisco Sourcefire.
- Advanced Malware Protection: file reputation-based protection engine powered by Cisco AMP.
Identity-based security policies and application management.
INDUSTRY-LEADING CLOUD MANAGEMENT
- Unified firewall, switching, wireless LAN, and mobile device management through an intuitive web-based dashboard.
- Template based settings scale easily from small deployments to tens of thousands of devices.
- Role-based administration, configurable email alerts for a variety of important events, and easily auditable change logs.
- Summary reports with user, device, and application usage details archived in the cloud.
INTELLIGENT SITE-TO-SITE VPN WITH MERAKI SD-WAN
- Auto VPN: automatic VPN route generation using IKE/IPsec setup. Runs on physical MX appliances and as a virtual instance within the Amazon AWS cloud services.
- SD-WAN with active / active VPN, policy-based-routing, dynamic VPN path selection and support for application-layer performance profiles to ensure prioritization of the applications types that matter.
- Interoperates with all IPsec VPN devices and services.
- Automated MPLS to VPN failover within seconds of a connection failure
- Client VPN: L2TP IPsec support for native Windows, Mac OS X, iPad and Android clients with no per-user licensing fees.
BRANCH GATEWAY SERVICES
- Built-in DHCP, NAT, QoS, and VLAN management services.
- Web caching: accelerates frequently accessed content.
- Load balancing: combines multiple WAN links into a single highspeed interface, with policies for QoS, traffic shaping, and failover.
- Smart connection monitoring: automatic detection of layer 2 and layer 3 outages and fast failover, including 3G/4G USB modems.